您的位置:首頁>正文

伊索寓言故事雙語版:下金蛋的鵝

The Goose with Golden Egg

下金蛋的鵝

A Farmer and his wife live in a small house in the country. They are very poor. Then one day something fantastic happens.

農夫和他的妻子住在鄉下的一個小房子裡, 他們很貧窮, 有一天, 有件奇妙的事情發生了。

Farmer: Good morning, dear.

早上好, 親愛的。

Wife: Good morning.I’ll fry you some eggs.

早上好, 我要為你煎一些蛋。

The wife goes out to the barn to get some eggs. She suddenly shouts loudly to the Farmer.

妻子到穀倉裡拿蛋, 突然她大聲地對農夫叫了起來。

Wife: Come out here, dear! Quickly!

快來呀, 親愛的。 快點!

Farmer: Why? What’s the matter?

怎麼了?什麼事?

The Farmer runs out to the barn.

農夫跑到了穀倉。

Wife: Look at this!

看看這個!

Farmer: What is it?

那是什麼?

Wife: It’s a golden egg!

一個金蛋!

Farmer: A golden egg?Where did you get is?

金蛋?你從哪裡來的?

Wife: From this Goose.It laid this golden egg.

這只鵝呀, 它下的。

Goose: Quack, quack!

嘎, 嘎!

Farmer: I can’t believe it.It’s so shiny and beautiful.What shall we do with it?

我簡直不敢相信, 這只蛋耀眼又美麗, 我們怎麼處理呢?

Wife: Sell it at the market.

把它賣到市場上。

Farmer: Good idea.I’ll sell it and buy some meat.

好主意, 我會把它賣了, 再買些肉回來。

Wife: Yes.I’ll cook you a delicious meal tonight.

那今晚我會為你煮一頓美味的大餐。

Farmer: Yahoo! Thank you, Goose!

奧, 謝謝你, 鵝!

The Farmer goes to the market that afternoon and gets a good price for the golden egg. The Farmer and his Wife have a nice dinner that night, but they can’t fall asleep. They are so excited and hope that the goose will lay another golden egg tomorrow morning.

當天下午, 農夫到市場去把金蛋賣了個好價錢。

Advertisiment
農夫和妻子享用了一頓豐盛的晚餐。 可是他們無法入睡, 他們非常興奮, 並且希望鵝在明天早上會再下另一隻金蛋。

Goose: Cock –a –doodle-doo!!!

咕- 咕- 咕!!!

Farmer: Wake up, dear.Let’s see if the Goose laid another golden egg.

起床, 親愛的, 我們去看看鵝有沒有再下金蛋。

Wife: Okay. Let’s hurry.

好, 我們快去。

The two rush out to the barn.

他們兩人沖到了穀倉。

Farmer: Look!Another golden egg!

看!另一個金蛋!

Wife: Thank you, Goose.We will be rich soon.

謝謝你, 鵝, 我們很快就會富起來了。

Farmer: Yes. Thanks to the Goose.Feed it well, dear.

是呀, 多虧了這只鵝, 你可要好好地喂它呀, 親愛的。

Wife: Of course.I will feed it the best food.

我會喂它最好的食物。

After that, the Farmer and his Wife gave the Goose the best food. They loved the Goose. The Goose kept laying a golden egg every day. Some months later, the couple moved to a bigger house. They were very happy.

從那以後, 農夫和他的妻子給鵝吃最好的食物, 他們很疼愛那只鵝。 鵝繼續每天下一個金蛋。 幾個月後, 這對夫妻搬到了更大的房子裡, 他們非常的快樂。

Farmer: Thanks to the Goose, we are not poor anymore.

多虧了那只鵝, 我們再也不貧窮了。

Wife: That is true. But I’m getting curious.

那倒是, 可是我越來越好奇了。

Farmer: About what?

好奇什麼?

Wife: The Goose doesn’t look special.

那只鵝看起來又不特別。

Farmer: So what?

那又怎樣?

Wife: But how can it lay golden eggs?

可是它怎麼能下金蛋呢?

Advertisiment

Farmer: Good question. Now I’m getting curious, too. Hmm…

說的對, 現在我也好奇了, 嗯…

More months passed and the Farmer and his Wife became quite rich.

又過了幾個月, 農夫和他的妻子已經相當富有了。

Farmer: We are now quite rich. Thanks to the Goose.

我們現在已經相當富有了, 多虧了那只鵝。

Wife: Yes. But I want to get really rich fast.

是呀, 不過我想快點變得更富有。

Farmer: How?

那要怎麼做呢?

Wife: Think. We don’t know how the Goose lays the golden eggs. But we know where they are coming from.

你想想, 我們不知道那只鵝怎麼會下金蛋, 可是我們知道那些金蛋是從哪裡來的。

Farmer: We do? Where?

我們知道嗎?從哪裡?

Wife: From the Goose’s stomach, of course. So its stomach must be full of golden eggs.

當然是從那只鵝的肚子裡呀, 所以它的肚子裡一定裝滿了金蛋。

Farmer: Perhaps. I don’t know.

或許吧, 我不知道。

Wife: Can’t you see? We can become really rich all at once.

你不明白嗎?我們可以一夜致富呀。

Farmer: What do you mean?

你的意思是?

Wife: Cut open the Goose’s stomach. Take out all of the golden eggs inside.

剖開那只餓的肚子, 拿出裡面所有的金蛋。

Farmer: You mean kill the Goose?

你是說殺了那只鵝?

Wife: Yes. A golden egg a day is too slow. I want to become really rich. Now!

每天一個金蛋太慢了, 我要變得非常富有, 立刻!

Farmer: But it has given us a golden egg every day. It made us rich. We can’t kill it now.

但是它每天都給我們一個金蛋呀, 他讓我們富有了, 現在我們不能殺它。

Wife: Why not? Don’t you want to become richer faster?

難道你不想快點變得更有錢嗎?

Advertisiment

Farmer: Yes, but we are rich right now.

想呀, 可是我們現在就很有錢呀。

Wife: Yes. But I want to become really really rich. I want to live in the city. Bring the knife from the kitchen.

是呀, 可是我想變得真的真的很有錢, 我想住到城市裡去。 去把廚房裡的刀拿來。

Farmer: If you wish, dear.

遵命, 親愛的。

The Farmer brings a sharp knife from the kitchen. The Goose sees the knife and starts crying and runs away. The Wife hides the knife behind her back.

農夫從廚房裡拿出一把鋒利的刀, 鵝看到了刀, 開始一邊叫一邊跑, 其子把刀藏在了身後。

嘎嘎!

Wife: What’s the matter, Goose? I have something delicious for you.

怎麼了, 鵝?我有好吃的東西要給你呀!

嘎嘎!

Wife: it’s running away! Go and catch it!

它跑走了!去抓住他!

Farmer: Okay, dear. Come here, Goosey.

好的, 親愛的, 過來, 鵝。

嘎嘎!

Wife: Catch it, catch it!

抓住它, 抓住它!

Farmer: I got it!

抓住了!

嘎嘎!

The Farmer catches the Goose and the Wife is about to cut open its stomach.

農夫抓住鵝, 妻子準備剖開他的肚子。

Wife: We will be really rich soon. How many eggs will there be?

我們很快就會變得很有錢了, 會有多少金蛋呢?

Farmer: I don’t know. But there must be many. I’m getting curious now. Hurry up. Cut it open.

我不知道, 可是肯定很多, 現在我越來越好奇了。 快點, 剖開他。

Wife: Okay, here I go.

好, 我要下手了。

Goose: (scream)Q-U-A-C-K!!!

(慘叫)嘎!

The Goose’s stomach is cut open. The Farmer and his Wife look surprised.

鵝的肚子被剖開了, 農夫和他的妻子看起來非常吃驚。

Farmer: Where are the golden eggs?

金蛋在哪裡呢?

Wife: I don’t know. There must be some inside. Look carefully!

我不知道, 這裡頭一定有一些。 看仔細點!

Farmer: There are none! What have we done?

一個也沒有,

Advertisiment
我們都幹了些什麼呀?

Wife: No golden eggs?

沒有金蛋?

Farmer: Poor Goose. We were too greedy. So we will become poor again.

可憐的鵝, 我們太貪心了, 我們又會變窮。

Wife: Poor us!

可憐的我們!

Farmer: Boo-hoo-hoo.

嗚-嗚-嗚…

MORAL: Don’t be greedy.

不可貪心。